Louisa Finn donated 2017-12-16 11:55:32 -0800$7,260.61 raisedGOAL: $10,000.00
On October 1st, we experienced the most deadly mass shooting in modern American history, claiming the lives of 58 people and injuring nearly 500 more in Las Vegas.
Congress hasn’t taken action to address the epidemic of gun violence, but we will. We've partnered with groups across the U.S. to collaborate on the first nationwide gun buyback, to get dangerous, illegal, and unwanted guns out of circulation.
Every $100 donated = 1 less gun in circulation
Through this campaign, you have the power to take a gun off the streets and send a powerful message about the problem of gun violence.
How it works:
- We're working with a coalition of groups on the ground in 6 states who are implementing gun buyback programs on December 16th.
- All monies raised here go directly to these buybacks
- The buybacks are being operated by law enforcement, as well as other local stakeholders (hospitals, community groups)
- All guns recovered will be destroyed
Questions? Send us a note at email@example.com
In partnership withDonate
Our mission is to empower people to make a tangible impact on gun violence without waiting for political action.
We're a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization founded in 2013 by Ian Johnstone, a tech entrepreneur who lost his father to gun violence at the age of 10, and Eric King, an Innovation Specialist with the US Agency for International Development who specializes in tech-enabled solutions to social challenges.
- We believe in common-sense solutions that prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands. We’re not here to debate about the 2nd Amendment; we’re here to take meaningful action towards preventing gun violence.
- We believe that action needs to be taken now. With 85 Americans dying from gun violence each day, we cannot continue to wait for political resolution - we must take action ourselves.
- We respect responsible gun ownership. Many of our most fervent supporters are gun owners, as they have first-hand knowledge of the personal responsibilities of gun ownership and the dangers presented when those responsibilities are not met.
- We believe in the power of communities. Real change comes when coalitions are formed around a shared goal and people are empowered to take action.
GunXGun in the Press